OP
HolyMackrel

HolyMackrel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered some for 5 ritteri I have coming in, so it is in stock.
Awesome! Based on your profile, assuming you have a lot of experience with this:). Been in the hobby for about 9 months and this will be my first quarantine/hospital tank. Picking up a 10g, thermometer, and a piece of rock today. Already have powerhead and heater. Going to use the lid I just removed from my biocube to light the tank. Did I miss anything? Any suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Based on your profile, assuming you have a lot of experience with this:). Been in the hobby for about 9 months and this will be my first quarantine/hospital tank. Picking up a 10g, thermometer, and a piece of rock today. Already have powerhead and heater. Going to use the lid I just removed from my biocube to light the tank. Did I miss anything? Any suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated!
Follow the guide Orion wrote (believe it was linked already) and you will be fine. Super easy to do if you follow the directions.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just be ready to change water everyday. You don’t have to use rodi (I asked OrionN about this when I went through treatment of a nem) but you do need to mix the water for a minimum of 24hrs. I still threw in conditioner just to be safe

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have a little nano, might be helpful to get a large Rubbermaid storage bin. Then you can just have 20-30gal mixing all the time.

Thanks for replying on the tank maintenance. I don’t see anything wrong with what you were doing unless you were polluting the tank with too much phytoplankton. But I doubt that was what was happening. Best of luck.

OP
OP
HolyMackrel

HolyMackrel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just be ready to change water everyday. You don’t have to use rodi (I asked OrionN about this when I went through treatment of a nem) but you do need to mix the water for a minimum of 24hrs. I still threw in conditioner just to be safe
This is the part that I'm dreading. Since I have such a small tank, I don't mix my own saltwater. Looks like I'm driving to the the lfs with my two 5-gallon jugs everyday.

OP
OP
HolyMackrel

HolyMackrel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have a little nano, might be helpful to get a large Rubbermaid storage bin. Then you can just have 20-30gal mixing all the time.

Thanks for replying on the tank maintenance. I don’t see anything wrong with what you were doing unless you were polluting the tank with too much phytoplankton. But I doubt that was what was happening. Best of luck.
Yeah I finally broke down and bought RODI system, but probably won't be delivered until treatment is almost done. For now it's daily trips to lfs.

OP
OP
HolyMackrel

HolyMackrel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hospital tank all set up. This poor guy looks absolutely awful in regular light. Added him and the lid from my biocube a few hours ago. After lights out, crushed up 250mg of Cipro and sprinkled in front of PH. Checked on everything a few minutes ago and the BTA was covered in Cipro that clumped up. Gently blew it all off and turned off the PH for now. Tomorrow I'll premix in a cup or two of water and then add in.

Attachments

• 20210513_171223.jpg
    20210513_171223.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210513_172501.jpg
    20210513_172501.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
HolyMackrel

HolyMackrel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some extra jugs or even home depot buckets. As many as you can
Hoping to get RODI system delivered today along with salt mix. Probably still a good idea to get some more jugs/buckets! Quick question, someone asked for updates. I post those in this thread right? New to both reefing and using forums haha.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to get RODI system delivered today along with salt mix. Probably still a good idea to get some more jugs/buckets! Quick question, someone asked for updates. I post those in this thread right? New to both reefing and using forums haha.
This one would work. Or you can start another thread about your treatment of your BTA with Cipro

Back