BTA impaling itself or splitting?

Arcticreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
57
Location
Timmins
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True to Murphy's law I mentioned to a friend 2 days ago my BTA has been looking magnificent recently and then the next day I noticed my Duncan retracted and sulking. They are close to eachother but not touching. After the Duncan shrinkage the bta has shifted in its crevace to the one side. Then today when I fed my BTA I noticed there was a rock where it's mouth should be. Has it impaled itself in a rush by accident...unlikely? Or has it started to spilt at the mouth and over a high point on the rock?

It looks good except for the rock sticking out of it and the peeled shrimp that it can't seem to eat. Do BTAs split from the center?

2 days ago
IMG-20210319-WA0003.jpeg
20210321_192954.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new