BTA move

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,600
Reaction score
4,532
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! So I have, derived from 1, six rainbow BTA’s, that until now have all hung out together in one corner of my tank. I noticed one was missing! Found it in the middle of some of my Zoa’s! Any ideas on how to move it? I know it will kill the Zoa’s if I don’t.

IMG_7323.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Good morning everyone! So I have, derived from 1, six rainbow BTA’s, that until now have all hung out together in one corner of my tank. I noticed one was missing! Found it in the middle of some of my Zoa’s! Any ideas on how to move it? I know it will kill the Zoa’s if I don’t.

IMG_7323.jpeg
I know it won’t take them ALL OUT, but I would really just prefer to move it back to the others if possible.
 
That one doesn't look like it's foot is too deep so you could probably get that one by hand. I just get my fingernail under the edge of the foot and slowly peel it off. I found that often they are easy to get soon after moving. A few years back I started with 3 and ended up with 48. Problem is what to do with it when you remove it. Around here the lfs don't even want them. I will say I've had zero luck trying getting them to stay put where I want them after they start moving. I no longer keep them because I have corals in every tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new