BTA only opens at night

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kengo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kengo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2018
Messages
106
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a BTA a week ago and it has been acting strange. It only opens fully when the lights turn off and during the day it’s deflated/closed. Is this normal? Is it just trying to acclimate to my tank? My tank is over 2 years old now so it’s pretty established.
 
Normal.
He’ll move to the best place.
Will take some time.
 
Hi Kengo, how is your BTA? Did it finally settle? I have the same problem. I got a small green BTA exactly one month ago. During the night it is fully inflated, but during the day it deflates completely (mouth open) and expels his food. During the night it also moves. I also have a small red BTA which is two months older (from a different place) and which acts normal (nicely closed during the night, fully inflated during the day). If it is a bacterial problem, would it not deflate during the night as well? I doubt that it is too strong light intensity since I am currently in the process of increasing it slowly since it was too low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new