BTA opinions

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was looking very well for a couple months and has recently not been opening much at all. He has not moved location since the day he was put in.

Water params I come up with using salifert kits(I'm no expert)

Phosphate-0
Nitrate-5-10
Alk-7.7
Calcium-300

20220408_210131.jpg 20220521_191647.jpg

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you man. I have no idea with these things. I have one that hasn’t opened in almost a month, I don’t even know where it is in the tank right now. It’s hidden on a rock somewhere away from the light.

Meanwhile, I have a Ritteri that’s beautiful and hosting two clowns and is doing really well. So why isn’t the BTA happy??

OP
OP
mcgallagherc

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you man. I have no idea with these things. I have one that hasn’t opened in almost a month, I don’t even know where it is in the tank right now. It’s hidden on a rock somewhere away from the light.

Meanwhile, I have a Ritteri that’s beautiful and hosting two clowns and is doing really well. So why isn’t the BTA happy??
Hell, mine hasn't even moved. I always read they'll move when not happy but he stays where he is.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the looks of the rock and tank your tank doesn’t look established enough for an anemone. You have gha and possibly Dino’s on the sand. Parameters may be thrown off by the algae. Need more info like lighting age of tank flow is your salinity fluctuating at all etc.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run what I would consider a “dirty tank”….phos usually around .25 and nitrates around 30. No socks. My BTA has doubled in size since I bought him a month ago at the frag swap. I won’t tell you how long my new tank was setup because I don’t want flamed. Lol.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back