BTA Quarantine Question

Sambino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently went to two of my LFS's and bought 2 cleaner shrimps from one store and 3 starter corals as well as a BTA from the other store. I have placed all of the corals and the shrimps into a 20 gallon QT in an attempt to not introduce ich/velvet into my DT. I was wondering how long I should quarantine the BTA for considering the tank has 2 cleaner shrimp as well as 3 other corals that are all on frag plugs in the system? I did some research and saw that a 16 day quarantine was recommended for anemones, however this is only if the anemone is not attached to a rock, so would this thinking still be okay in this situation? Or is it safest and best to wait until all the corals have been quarantined for 45 days before moving the anemone to my DT? Typing it out, it makes me feel like the obvious choice is to wait the 45 days, but I just wanted to get some verification.

Thanks for any and all help!

Brandont21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dont know a ton about bta quarantine protocols. But seeing how new your tank is, that anemone might struggle. People tend to stick to the 1 year mark before introducing a nem. Idk if your clownfish survived that brook outbreak, but having clownfish hosting a nem in that environment will likely stress it out even more.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back