bta won't move away from torch coral

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bta that just won't stay away from my torch. I move the torch and not more that 30 minutes later it's right next to it. I move it again and bam theres the BTA next to it. I have moved it high, middle and low and it still sticks by the torch. I don't know if it's being stung or not. but I may have to do a egg crate jail for BTA.
 
Instead Egg crate jail the torch
 
Do BTA’s stay out when they find a suitable home or are they on the move quite a bit?
Always wanted one but my tank is LPS and SPS.
 
Do BTA’s stay out when they find a suitable home or are they on the move quite a bit?
Always wanted one but my tank is LPS and SPS.
I have 2 BTA's one found a spot and hasn't moved the second one is still moving all the time. hasn't found the spot it likes.
 
Definitely better to jail your Torch instead of you BTA. Basically, your BTA is going to move to its happy place and once there, it will stay, unless conditions change causing it to travel again to find its ideal spot again. That’s the problem with anemones and corals being in the same tank! You run the risk of potential injuries to your coral.
 
I have a bta that just won't stay away from my torch. I move the torch and not more that 30 minutes later it's right next to it. I move it again and bam theres the BTA next to it. I have moved it high, middle and low and it still sticks by the torch. I don't know if it's being stung or not. but I may have to do a egg crate jail for BTA.

It must be love!

234BE3B5-80CB-4275-B7ED-46C2C3077C33.gif


Can you take your torch off the rock work until the BTA settles into a preferred spot?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new