BTM QT System - Bucket Transfer Method

phpwebdev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of my prototype of a Bucket Transfer Method Quarantine system I am testing out. This design is based on the method used at Roger Williams University: https://www.reef2rainforest.com/2017/02/10/bucket-transfer-qt-method/

One thing missing is a nano power head to keep the bath flowing across the heater. This design allows for lighting in the case of coral QT.

Video:

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of my prototype of a Bucket Transfer Method Quarantine system I am testing out. This design is based on the method used at Roger Williams University: https://www.reef2rainforest.com/2017/02/10/bucket-transfer-qt-method/

One thing missing is a nano power head to keep the bath flowing across the heater. This design allows for lighting in the case of coral QT.

Video:

Very similar to what I did on my last round of QT, except I used little target steralite bins.

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing this now. How didi it work for you? Did you also daily freshwater dip two minutes?

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that setup. Thanks for sharing

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my set-up. Doing a modified TTM as outlined by Roger Williams article with some ideas as well from humble fish.

I received yesterday newly delivered three small to medium tang (powder brown, purple and blue) have one each in the clear QT containers, Complete set of back up containers with replacement airlines and pvc hideaways as we do a daily change for the next 12 days. Sterilizing along the way.

In the green 5 gallon I have one small and one medium wrasse and one basset who have been observational housing together the last two weeks plu. They look great and I can't bring myself to give them copper. So I am going TTM for the next 12 days and transferred them to the five gallon. Using the five gallons because i have a dozen new for the coming planting and horse work. So will use them new for the fish and avoid the need to sanitize after each daily change (I hatre doing dishes). Otherwise and the same protocols. (At least 24 hours prazipro; and daily one hundred percent water transfer from my new tank with trusted fish). No other medications planned unless something presents.

This is a modified approach to the Roger Williams approach in that I will not fresh water dip (they suggested a two minute minimum each day). My reasons are I worry it is a lot of stress and I am already putting them through a fair amount with constant water changes and small housing. I am doing my best to reduce other stresses (food and water change timing eliminate ammonia concerns. Have specifc gravity temperature match as i use constant display tank water (300 gallon total system so even dumping about 15 gallon any on quarantine not hard to maintain draw levels while given my new tank a pretty constant water change.)

But back to the freshwater dip, I have the praziquantel first course done and will complete the second 7 days out -- so why fresh water dip?

Not seeing any signs of distress so wouldn't freshwater dip be a prophylactic temporary fix for something not presenting symptoms and that praziquantel will kill anyway? Sort of implied in what I saw humble fish post elsewhere.

Welcome ideas. Want to keep everyone healthy.

IMG_4456.JPG

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back