Bubble Anemone Tell-all

9Trees29gal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
73
Reaction score
164
Location
Walla Walla
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering getting a BTA for my 29 gal cube, mostly so my clownfish will leave my poor tube worms alone (he tries to host in them). I currently have a mixed reef including sps, lps, a crocea clam, and a couple rock flower nems. So.... I know that BTA's wander until they find a home they like. I also know they can divide. What I don't know is how often they become a nightmare that dominates the tank. Assuming it has sps-quality lighting and flow, how often do these guys just take over? Do they tend to sit tight and not divide if they aren't stressed? Is this just too small a tank to even consider one?
 
cameringo_20200117_125521.jpg


I started with 1 red and 1 green. Now 5 red 1 green. And I have one that hasn't found home in 10 months and has burned up couple corals. So just be careful
 
No guarantee the BTA and clowns will pair up. I have had RBTA take over my 220 gallon tank. You have a smaller tank so eradicating them wouldn't be too difficult. Really your call at the end of the day.
 
Thanks guys. It helps to hear from those with first hand experience. Pretty much what I expected. I think I will pass.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new