Bubble Coral Death…

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had a small bubble coral colony in my 32 gallon biocube since december. It was doing well in the tank until the past month or so I started to notice a drastic regression in health. In the past few days I think it has officially died and I am at a complete loss. I made no major changes to the tank, my parameters have been in check and all the other coral in the tank are doing great. I will attach a picture from when I first got it and one from today, if anyone has any thoughts please feel free.

IMG_7123.jpeg IMG_8433.jpeg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't list what you are dosing or what the parmaeters are which can be helpful (there's no such thing as "ideal"). If you are adding labile DOC, carbon dosing, that is one possible cause. If the lighting was significantly different from what it gre under that could be a cause. It's also possible it had a problem befre you ever got it.

OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't list what you are dosing or what the parmaeters are which can be helpful (there's no such thing as "ideal"). If you are adding labile DOC, carbon dosing, that is one possible cause. If the lighting was significantly different from what it gre under that could be a cause. It's also possible it had a problem befre you ever got it.
emp: 78.2

salinity: 1.025

alkalinity: 9.0

calcium: 441

magnesium: 1200

nitrate: 5

phosphate: 0.07

ph: 8.2

These are my most recent parameters, they have stayed pretty constant at around these levels for months now. I am not dosing anything.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back