Bubble coral help!

kayla_marie2167

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently noticed my bubble coral wasn't fully inflating. I had it next to playgyra coral and came to the conclusion the issues were due to it being stung. I have moved the bubble coral to a different spot but it looks worse. We did just moved our tank in December and had algae bloom but i believe I have that under control now. Is there anything I can do to help this coral, referring to dipping. Please and thank you for any help!
IMG_20210227_145815.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Keep it healthy and at least 4" away from neighboring coral as they too can let off a sting.
Will it repair itself- Likely not. will it generate other bubble and fill it in or camouflage opening, good chance yes. Mine got stung off one end and never came back, but has grown and hard to tell now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kayla_marie2167

kayla_marie2167

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it healthy and at least 4" away from neighboring coral as they too can let off a sting.
Will it repair itself- Likely not. will it generate other bubble and fill it in or camouflage opening, good chance yes. Mine got stung off one end and never came back, but has grown and hard to tell now.
Thank you for the reply! You don't think any sort of dip would be necessary? I've really been stressing about it and just don't want it to get worse

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for the reply! You don't think any sort of dip would be necessary? I've really been stressing about it and just don't want it to get worse
You could dip with coralRX OR iodine/tank water blend

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back