Bubble in hob overflow

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Said this as emergency because I don’t want a huge mess when I wake up lol. I have eshopps 800 and this siphon has never failed me but I see bubbles in the u tube. Is this ok?

3168C8E9-90D7-4769-A661-D6482FD8E143.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The handful of videos on YouTube I just watched don't have any air in the u-tube.If you search for Eshopps 800 you can find a bunch where they have tips on eliminating any air, etc.

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stick some airline tubing up in there and suck it out.
I’ve modified these in the past to be like the CPR overflows where they have a airline fitting on the top and use an aqualifter pump to suck the air out. You can also just run an airline tubing up the tube to the top and connect to an aqualifter.

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve modified these in the past to be like the CPR overflows where they have a airline fitting on the top and use an aqualifter pump to suck the air out. You can also just run an airline tubing up the tube to the top and connect to an aqualifter.
Are the bubbles ok in there? I just tried started the siphon like 10 times (which worked) but air bubbles were in it still. I managed to get it to a smaller air bubble in both but not perfect

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just going to assume it’s ok now, I got as much air out as possible but there is still a small bubble in each

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%

Back