Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer Upgradd

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevewuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stevewuk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Uk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

My first post on R2R. I have a BM C5, and it is about a year old. Like the way it works for my setup, however there are two things that bug the hell out of me.

1) the motor noise
2) forgetting to turn off before turning my return pump off (causing the skimmer cup to overflow)

The question I have:

1) does anyone know of a DC pump that would replace the AC one at a reasonable cost?

2) have some kind of auto shut-off for when I forget to turn off the skimmer

Many thanks,
Steve
 
Hi Everyone!

My first post on R2R. I have a BM C5, and it is about a year old. Like the way it works for my setup, however there are two things that bug the hell out of me.

1) the motor noise
2) forgetting to turn off before turning my return pump off (causing the skimmer cup to overflow)

The question I have:

1) does anyone know of a DC pump that would replace the AC one at a reasonable cost?

2) have some kind of auto shut-off for when I forget to turn off the skimmer

Many thanks,
Steve
Answer to #2 Auto aqua makes a smart level optical switch you can place in the sump to cut off power to skimmer if water level gets too high.

They also make one for the skimmer cup so it doesnt overflow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new