Bubble til anemone and clownfish hosting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bcook1016
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My captivebred ocellaris took about 3 years before it hosted my BTAs and it still doesnt stay and snuggle in the nem like wild caught clowns.
I think mine are all tank bred. But they do enjoy the nems, with the current moves they have been through, they don’t stay with the nems all the time. Come night time though, they all wiggle into nems.
 
Last edited:
Wel my anemones won’t host my clowns
There are certain species each type of clowns prefer. Bta are not ones that ocellaris clownfish prefer.
 
I just tried that video today and my clowns dashed to the opposite side of the tank. First clown I got 1.5 years ago and the other clown I just got at the same time as the BTA.
Well thats a reaction and means they are seeing it.
 
I just tried that video today and my clowns dashed to the opposite side of the tank. First clown I got 1.5 years ago and the other clown I just got at the same time as the BTA.
they take off because they think there's other fish in the tank, they'll get over it and host your anemone. mine did the same thing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new