Bubble til anemone and clownfish hosting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bcook1016
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bcook1016

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
229
Reaction score
53
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What’s the best way for my black ice occelaris clowns to host my new anemones, should I just put them both in a bowl and let them figure it out or something different?!
 
What’s the best way for my black ice occelaris clowns to host my new anemones, should I just put them both in a bowl and let them figure it out or something different?!
I’ve done this with some success but sometimes the tank bred fishes are so genetically stupid that they don’t figure out that’s where they belonged once.

Its a source of frustration for many reef keepers who want Nemo to go home and it’s so genetically modified that it is completely happy being homeless.

Good luck.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I used this video in front of the clownfish for about 5 minutes each time I would go over to the tank and in about 2 days they were hosting and haven't looked back, it totally works.
GIF_20241202_201001_450.gif



 
My clowns will get close to the BTA, but have no interest in being hosted by it.
 
I’m trying the YouTube video now and how long do j play the video for everyday
 
I used this video in front of the clownfish for about 5 minutes each time I would go over to the tank and in about 2 days they were hosting and haven't looked back, it totally works.
GIF_20241202_201001_450.gif




I’ll back this up as friends had luck with it. Mine lived in a nem as babies so it wasn’t ever a problem. I have added different types of bta’s to new tanks and when I transfer my clowns they go straight to the nem. Just need to get the idea in a clowns heads that’s your home.

Think happy Gilmore said it best. Was going to post the video but words won’t be appropriate on R2R
 
What’s the best way for my black ice occelaris clowns to host my new anemones, should I just put them both in a bowl and let them figure it out or something different?!
I used a video on a tablet and placed right on the glass
 
I’m trying the YouTube video now and how long do j play the video for everyday
Put on repet. You will see a def reaction when they see the video. Thier swimming patterns will change.
 
Put on repet. You will see a def reaction when they see the video. Thier swimming patterns will change.
Yeah it looks like there nipping at one another and kind of wiggling faster and swimming into the current a bit more if that means anything
 
The clowns just don’t seem to have an interest in the anemones even after the video? Jhst keep playing it all day and wait it out
 
I just seen my male clown wiggling it’s tail in the anemone tips does that mean anything??!!
Yes they are slowly working thier way into the anemone. Building up slime coat resistance
 
The clowns just don’t seem to have an interest in the anemones even after the video? Jhst keep playing it all day and wait it out
It may take a while.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new