Bubble Tip Anemone Identification

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of Bubble Tip Anemone is this? I forgot the name. He’s the size of a quarter and I got him for $30-$40 I believe.
DA0C44CA-36CC-4CD7-819F-64FAE200D4EF.jpeg
32BC9F26-760F-4F55-BD47-4D92E38274E8.jpeg

ThatsNoMoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think it's just a lfs general BTA. You'll prob find similar pictures on google if you look up RBBA (red bubble tip anemone)

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was some specific kind, one of the fancy ones that’s why it was so expensive. It looked crazy when I first got it but they’ve faded a bit since then... not sure why. I wish I could find the name though. So I’m guessing since color has faded it’s not worth as much?

ThatsNoMoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe ask the person you bought it from what it was called? I had a fantastically bright red BBA but after a tank crash it went fairly dark/black and never regained its colour

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was some specific kind, one of the fancy ones that’s why it was so expensive. It looked crazy when I first got it but they’ve faded a bit since then... not sure why. I wish I could find the name though. So I’m guessing since color has faded it’s not worth as much?
If color faded that means your lighting is too weak. Until the color comes back looks like a regular rose bubble tip

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the term "expensive" is highly subjective as each person has their own budget restraints... with that being said typical rbta (both rose and rainbow) prices fall around $75 and below. The "designer" colors are priced much higher from a couple hundred to a couple thousand.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the term "expensive" is highly subjective as each person has their own budget restraints... with that being said typical rbta (both rose and rainbow) prices fall around $75 and below. The "designer" colors are priced much higher from a couple hundred to a couple thousand.
The one this came off of sold for a couple hundred

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe ask the person you bought it from what it was called? I had a fantastically bright red BBA but after a tank crash it went fairly dark/black and never regained its colour
I would but I lost there number. I’ll have to contact them via Facebook or something

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it was a true named BTA at that price. I will be the first to say all the name are nothing but a way to jack up prices. Colors and marking change on BTAs all the time.
Does you photo represent how it looks in person? If so, I agree the color looks washed out on yours and more light should help.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it was a true named BTA at that price. I will be the first to say all the name are nothing but a way to jack up prices. Colors and marking change on BTAs all the time.
Does you photo represent how it looks in person? If so, I agree the color looks washed out on yours and more light should help.
It’s more vibrant but I haven’t edited it to look like what it does in real life. I’m on break and all the software I edit with is at school :/

californiarob

Reef lover with a pirate smiLe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great post, but please add some Emerald Crabs to get that hair algae before your nem has no place to hold, keep up the posts

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great post, but please add some Emerald Crabs to get that hair algae before your nem has no place to hold, keep up the posts
Believe me, if I could get rid of the hair algae I would. But he’s got plenty of places to hold. I also don’t do emerald crabs... once I had some try ‘n tear up my zoas. Not getting them again lol.
Hope that didn’t sound rude it kinda did but I didn’t mean it to XD

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back