OP
OP
M

merfury1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are light brand would you guys recommended. I cant seem to find the 2nd set of AI Primes near me, and that Radion xr15 is very pricey.

OP
OP
M

merfury1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So

There are currently whole lot of files on https://www.facebook.com/groups/1477764189220183/files/files

Which one is the right Saxby file? I am currently using Saxby Mod ai Prime 16HD
I just downloaded the one from here and use it as such. I know there are some slight tweaks others have done to the settings because the original was made for 32HD. But I use it as it was written. I did make a minor adjustment to the start stop times.

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bubble Tips stay put. However, if you have the kind that split, one can turn into two, which can turn into four. Now my RBT has split twice but all the splits stayed next to the parent, so I just have a fluffy larger RBT.
Haha same thing here, my BTA split but they stick together so it’s just one big anemone that both my clownfish swim in.

teresawm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bubble Tips stay put. However, if you have the kind that split, one can turn into two, which can turn into four. Now my RBT has split twice but all the splits stayed next to the parent, so I just have a fluffy larger RBT.how Long does it take to split and how do you know when they are getting ready to split

InMyTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g nano anemone tank. I ran a kessil a160 tuna blue (40w) over it. The BT anemone would sit at the top of the rock and would strain to reach light; they get a trumpet shape or stretch their base to do so. I switched to a Radion xr15 and no longer have that problem.

Your light is 30w and has a less dense LED array (concentration of light). This is not a light I would recommend for lighting your anemone. Xenia, zoas, etc would be fine.

Anemones can be given food to supplement a lack of light and I would recommend you do so. Be careful as this will cause nutrient issues.

Ramping of lights is actually a newer thing (last 8 years or so). Previously we ran bulbs that flipped on and off. It’s not an issue.

image.jpg
What intensity are you running your xr15 at? Have a very similar setup.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back