Bubble Tip Anemone Show Off / Eye Candy Thread

Mr_White_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mystery Nem I got for free from a customer appreciation party at my LFS sitting above a Sherman. It colored up great but nobody knows what it is...

20200902_172709.jpg

bdyslm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this may be a stupid question and admittedly i haven't researched this but is there any way to get a BTA to bubble up more? I bought one that was pretty bubbled, one that is completely stringy. and two that are in between (bubbles in bottom 3rd of tentacle) or is this like human hair and generically you get what you get.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this may be a stupid question and admittedly i haven't researched this but is there any way to get a BTA to bubble up more? I bought one that was pretty bubbled, one that is completely stringy. and two that are in between (bubbles in bottom 3rd of tentacle) or is this like human hair and generically you get what you get.
such a hotly debated topic. water quality, flow, lighting.. if i had to guess - strong lighting is like the best bet.

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the long process of finding a couple of different BTA
and
I need some help figuring out which two / three that I want to put in my tanks.
So, I thought a Eye Candy / Show Off Thread
Was in order.

So, if you would.
Post pictures of your
Bubble Tip Anemones

Sponsors Welcomed
Here is my first one. First pic was the first day.. Got sucked into powerhead that night when we went to sleep so its in recovery. But coming back strong! So just heed my warning and turn the powerheads off or get some mesh to wrap around them until your anemone is nice and settled.

20200928_005819.jpg 20200928_095447.jpg 20200928_101214.jpg 20201108_183933.jpg

TAHK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is beautiful! I am in the process of getting back into the hobby with the 300 gal tank (total volume 400 g). Planning to have an anemone and a pair of maroon clowns. I had them before and they were pretty docile - just hung around the anemone and made sure it was safe. I heard that they could be quite a menace to the other fish in the tank. What is your experience with them and what are your tips for keeping anemone in the visible place? Thank you!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back