Bubble Tip Anemone Show Off / Eye Candy Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Invert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
corals049.jpg

corals064.jpg
 
Well, I've had this RBTA for about 5 years. If anyone knows Elmo, this is a 1st generation from one of his originals.

It spent about 3 years in a 46 bowfront, under 2X96 PC lighting, splitting on a regular basis, about every 3-4 months.

Here's a photo I took of it, way back in Feb. 2007, with a Gold Striped Maroon Clownfish.

2242614294_51b8fc165a_b.jpg


Dec. 2007. This RBTA would regularly touch front and back of the tank, 18".

2155038974_6ec372b6c8_b.jpg


May 2008, after one of the frequent splits. At this point, the Maroon clown was gone and it was hosting, and still is, a mated pair of B/W occellaris.

2528601379_8fdbf94bbe_b.jpg


About 2 years ago, it was moved to a 200 Deep Dimension, under 10X54 T5HO.

It split a few days after entering this tank, and hadn't split again, for 2 years, until just a couple days ago...Grrrr

Here's a pic of that split, 2 years ago.

4366245097_19b6a617b4_b.jpg


Top down, during a water change.

5651027958_7e65733c40_b.jpg


Reflection, maybe during the same water change...lol

5651010772_63bf6ee09a_b.jpg


Only a small portion of it is visible here, as most of it is behind the rock.

5495130093_2df5ba8e51_b.jpg


As I said, it split, just a few days ago. I'm a bit concerned about having 2, in a predominately SPS tank, so now I'll have to dismantle some of the rock, in order to get to one of the splits, to remove it...Grrr
 
awesome RBTA returnofsid. I really like the bubble tips it has now, instead of it looking like LTA.
 
Thanks! Yeah, I like it better, bubbly, as well.

I really don't know what causes the difference. I'm not sure anyone really knows. In the 46, under the PC lighting (which I know wasn't quite enough light, though it lived find), it would bubble sometimes and sometimes it wouldn't. In the 200, it is almost always bubbled. I prefer it that way!
 
Mine seems to be happiest when I feed him although he survives just fine when I don't.

I've been feeding mussel once a week....it loves it, but doesn't like krill and often rejects it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new