Bubble tip anemone

BRENDA TRUITT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Was researching this topic and decided to join this forum. My BTA has shrunk down to about the size of a dime and is hiding under a raised rock. I think it was the silversides, the clownfish taking its food, and who knows what else.

I just bought a squirter but am hesitant to feed him anymore as the clownfish seems to be taking him food now. Heartbroken!

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef
mermaid.gif

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I would not feed the anemone any more. An anemone should only be fed a piece as big as its mouth, it sounds like it may be struggling with an oversized meal. I hope it works out for you and keep us posted. Several years ago I got a green Bta that looked like it died for weeks, but it never fell apart. Today it has split into a dozen or more! Don't give up until you are sure!

OP
OP
BRENDA TRUITT

BRENDA TRUITT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I would not feed the anemone any more. An anemone should only be fed a piece as big as its mouth, it sounds like it may be struggling with an oversized meal. I hope it works out for you and keep us posted. Several years ago I got a green Bta that looked like it died for weeks, but it never fell apart. Today it has split into a dozen or more! Don't give up until you are sure!
Thanks! I stopped feeding and it has shrunk but not fallen apart. The clown seems to be feeding it. BTA hid under a rock so decided not to disturb him any more.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i
Thanks! I stopped feeding and it has shrunk but not fallen apart. The clown seems to be feeding it. BTA hid under a rock so decided not to disturb him any more.
!!! Welcome to R2R Brenda !!! I got a baby BTA couple days ago, I left it on the bottom side of the tank and now is on the other side hiding under a rock but opening. Looks like is happy.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
59C18DC5-ECB3-4D90-8F92-83ED032C422B.jpeg

stop with silversides completely!!!! they are too boney and too big for anemones. you really shouldn’t have to feed your nem as it gets 95+% of its energy from the algae zooxanthellae that lives in their bodies. just like coral. stop feeding it at all and see how it reacts. a photo would be good too!

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I'm late to the greeting. Welcome aboard BRENDA TRUITT!

Silversides were once the norm for feeding anemones but the quality has become an issue with them thawing and then freezing again presenting issues.

If your clown is feeding it that is great. If under a rock it might be in hiding not wanting to host the clown which being small is understandable. Perhaps when it is a bit larger it might get comfortable and venture out. :)

I'm glad it is opening up at this point. Do you by chance have any pics of your BTA?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back