Bubble tip Anemone

kiyan_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first bubble tip anemone and it has been closed up for almost 2 days. Tank is 5 months old. What should I do?
image.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't know your water parameters or lighting or flow, we would need that info to make any suggestion.

But as you said, the tank looks very new, and corals and anemone's struggle in new tanks and changing parameters. Its in your tank now, so all you can really do it your best to keep parameters as stable as possible every day.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most wouldnt recommend an anemone until much later on, around 9-12 months so the tank is biologically stable. Tank specs will help as well but that rock and sand you put in looks younger than 5 months, it looks brand new so it will take a while for bacteria to colonize and then become a mature stable tank.
I have had luck with using pns pro bio and yellow sno in conjunction with fritzyme 9 to help increase bacterial populations quickly, but the best thing you could get is just a bunch of rock or bio media from A TRUSTED REEFER, either from this forum just ask in want to buy WTB section or a reefer with a tank you can trust that you already know. Not your local fish store. Check out their tank and talk to them first about what pests they have in their tank so you know what might come with the media/rocks

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most wouldnt recommend an anemone until much later on, around 9-12 months so the tank is biologically stable. Tank specs will help as well but that rock and sand you put in looks younger than 5 months, it looks brand new so it will take a while for bacteria to colonize and then become a mature stable tank.
I have had luck with using pns pro bio and yellow sno in conjunction with fritzyme 9 to help increase bacterial populations quickly, but the best thing you could get is just a bunch of rock or bio media from A TRUSTED REEFER, either from this forum just ask in want to buy WTB section or a reefer with a tank you can trust that you already know. Not your local fish store. Check out their tank and talk to them first about what pests they have in their tank so you know what might come with the media/rocks
^^I agree with this and good idea sir

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back