Bubble tip anemones for sale

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, my anemone tank is getting a little overgrown so I'm going to sell some of them. I can hopefully get 4 or 5, maybe more, off of the rocks. I'll sell them for $30 each. They are a little agitated right now since I moved the gyre around last night and changed the flow. I can bring them to the reef club meeting this Saturday or maybe meet before the meeting. Lightning maroon not for sale but should have some babies available soon!
20181127_191259.jpg

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple of older pictures of some. Depending on lighting, flow, etc. they sometimes have bubble tips.
IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a little problem with my quarantine tank right now, so I can't get one yet! But it is definitely in my near future! I'll keep you in mind for sure... those look really nice!

Still waiting to see if I can make the meeting this weekend! My youngest has a soccer tournament in Gatlinburg... but I might be coming back saturday night!

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a little problem with my quarantine tank right now, so I can't get one yet! But it is definitely in my near future! I'll keep you in mind for sure... those look really nice!

Still waiting to see if I can make the meeting this weekend! My youngest has a soccer tournament in Gatlinburg... but I might be coming back saturday night!
No problem. Just let me know when.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have any left?
Yes, I do. I got a couple for Eagle_Steve and found out most of them have moved into holes in the rocks and are going to take some persuading to get out. The other day several were on the move due to changing the flow pattern. I'll point a powerhead at some and see if I can get them to come out. It may take a little while for them to move though.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I'll let you know when I get one free.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one free Bryn by placing a tile over it and shading it until it moved. I put it in my frag tank with no rocks so it's ready whenever you are. I might head to Nashville this weekend but I'm not 100% sure yet. No rush, whenever you're ready for it.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I still have some. I will try and get them to move where I can get them out. I put a tile over some of them to shade them this morning to hopefully get them to move. If they move by then I could bring them to Nashville with me tomorrow.

Gage Sullivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested as well. What is your location? Anyone near murfreeseboro?

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m interested as well. What is your location? Anyone near murfreeseboro?
I’ve got several but will have to get them off the rocks. I’m in Dickson but come to Nashville every so often. It will probably be sometime in January before I have a chance to get some out. We’re going out of town after Christmas for a while.

nashvillian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still interested. PM me when you have the chance. Live right by the Critter.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I haven't updated. I got two out and Bryn and nashvillian spoke first so they would go to them of they want them. I have a couple of issues though.
1. Most of the anemones, including the two I got out, are doing something weird. They are kind of turning their mouth inside out and have been doing it for a few weeks now. I've been trying to reduce the nutrients in the system and I don't know if that is the problem or what. They really don't look all that good at the moment.
2. They are pretty stuck in the rocks and the lightning maroon pair in the tank has turned evil and makes ot difficult to spend much time in the tank. I've been trying to put tiles over the anemones like I did before but the clowns knock them off. I've even put a decent sized rock on the tile and they knocked it off as well. I haven't been trying since the anemones started looking bad though.

With that said, I think it would be better for me to wait until they start looking better unless you really want one. In the future I'll get them out before I put them up for sale. :rolleyes: Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. The ones I got out and have in the frag tank look even worse.

20190128_163707.jpg

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I might be going to Aquatic Critter tomorrow but not sure yet. It would probably be 11 or 12ish if I get to. I could also meet you on a weekend day maybe.

I honestly have never intentionally fed them. They get a little sometimes from when I feed the fish. They all are from a one I got several years ago. One of the original splits is in the reef tank and all of these came from the other split. They have been thriving and multiplying for a couple of years in this tank.

dandoozled

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you possibly still have one I could purchase in the next few weeks? I live around Nashville!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back