Bubble tip aneome

ndenson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bubble tip anenome acclimated it to my tank put it in the tank and it did good then couple hours later it closes up but still attached to the rock I was originally attached to from the pet store.
16980193567353439562141980609755.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best to research before you buy

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about your system, but I can tell you my nem tank is as simple as you can get…
The only flow is from my return pump on an AIO tank, my light is a cheap smatfarms Amazon deal with lots of white most of the day. Temp is 77, nitrates are 35 that’s about it.
I think light and flow is going to be your biggest thing. I don’t really like the way they look under white lights, but I’ve heard they like it. I do plan to add one more light so I can increase the intensity but decrease some white just for the tank to look better to me.
Also sometimes it takes a few days for them to get happy. You can feed them but I just over feed my fish and they get stuff too.
IMG_8576.jpeg

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? 90% of the time that's the problem on this forum. You need a 6 - 8 month old tank to keep any of the large anemone species, they usually die off in newer tanks.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about your system, but I can tell you my nem tank is as simple as you can get…
The only flow is from my return pump on an AIO tank, my light is a cheap smatfarms Amazon deal with lots of white most of the day. Temp is 77, nitrates are 35 that’s about it.
I think light and flow is going to be your biggest thing. I don’t really like the way they look under white lights, but I’ve heard they like it. I do plan to add one more light so I can increase the intensity but decrease some white just for the tank to look better to me.
Also sometimes it takes a few days for them to get happy. You can feed them but I just over feed my fish and they get stuff too.
IMG_8576.jpeg
Yep I run my bta nano the same no fancy lights no skimmer your tank looks natural and that's what it is all about

jpmazzone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8576.jpeg
This is beautiful. Love the natural look. I imagine it must look like this in their natural habitat. This tank goes to 11.

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble tips move and do all kinds of funny stuff when their environment changes, keep your parameters stable and nothing crazy and it should settle in.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back