Bubble tip at highest point in tank

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 2 BTAs, one if them went right to the very highest point on my rock. The other has been more toward the bottom for about a month. The rainbow (lower of the 2) is now starting to move toward the top. Is this a sign that my lights should be increased? I didn't think nems liked really strong lighting.

93 cube, running 2 radion 15s, gen 4. I have no idea of my par. Everyone else looks pretty happy so I'm afraid to increase my lighting too much.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RBTA's like light and if they are moving to the top you should probably consider bumping the lights up a bit, unless that's where you want them to be. Doing a little bit at a time and allowing the anemones to adjust on their own would be my course of action. The top may also be where they have their preferred amount of flow so take that into consideration as well.

What is the intensity of the lights and how long is your lighting schedule?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase your intensity little by little each week, it could be your light didn't set high enough for them or they didn't like the flow in your tank.

OP
OP
Shadowspop

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RBTA's like light and if they are moving to the top you should probably consider bumping the lights up a bit, unless that's where you want them to be. Doing a little bit at a time and allowing the anemones to adjust on their own would be my course of action. The top may also be where they have their preferred amount of flow so take that into consideration as well.

What is the intensity of the lights and how long is your lighting schedule?
Hadn't taken flow into consideration. The rainbow was actually in a high flow area. He's been ticked since my clowns decided to move in. Not a minutes peace for him. My lights are running for about 10 hours (about because of ramp up and down) intensity is 47%.
Lighting spectrum.JPG

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, maybe a 5% increase each week until it starts to move down. I would be very careful though, you have a lot of acans out in the open and they may not like it one bit. It also sort of looks like the one on top is in a quieter spot and that may be why it likes it so much there.

OP
OP
Shadowspop

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, maybe a 5% increase each week until it starts to move down. I would be very careful though, you have a lot of acans out in the open and they may not like it one bit. It also sort of looks like the one on top is in a quieter spot and that may be why it likes it so much there.
That's funny, it does look quiet right now. Sometimes the Purple tip is opened up like a cop is telling him to spread 'em. I'll try it, hopefully the scans are low enough to filter some of it. Not sure I can fit many more in that rock.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back