Bubble tipped anenomes.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Will my bubble tipped anemone kill other corals or fish in my tank? I was thinking of buying one but I need to know if it will kill anything in the tank. Im looking into a rose bubble tipped anenome. Anyone have any experience with them killing other specimens?
Thanks.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ll kill corals but not fish unless the fish are on deaths door
Do you have experience with it killing your coral? Do they purposefully do it? Or do they only kill it accidentally while trying to find that oh so perfect flow spot.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha that’s perfect spot they’ll move and split and move some more some stay put but most move quite a bit in my experience. I’ve had many and the majority move when splitting or any flow changes.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha that’s perfect spot they’ll move and split and move some more some stay put but most move quite a bit in my experience. I’ve had many and the majority move when splitting or any flow changes.
Pretty much no matter what they WILL move.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t get a bubble tip if you’re worried about it stinging your existing coral. They will move and split

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble tips don't always move but they can. Mine haven't moved or split in over 2 years. But prior to that I had 3 that turned into over 40. Mine are in 6x2x2ft 180g. Personally I would not keep them in a smaller tank unless I did not keep coral. Even not moving sometimes mine will stretch out 6 inches or more to sting a coral.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Will my bubble tipped anemone kill other corals or fish in my tank? I was thinking of buying one but I need to know if it will kill anything in the tank. Im looking into a rose bubble tipped anenome. Anyone have any experience with them killing other specimens?
Thanks.
They don’t look for trouble, but can kill by accident.
Depends a lot on how much room they have.
Mine never killed stuff in 5 years so far, stays put.
IMG_1665.jpeg

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t look for trouble, but can kill by accident.
Depends a lot on how much room they have.
Mine never killed stuff in 5 years so far, stays put.
IMG_1665.jpeg
When you put it there did the area have high flow? I would like to just place it and have it move around very little or not at all. Thank you all for your help.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest with you all I have only one leather coral in a hard to reach spot. I want to try and get the anemone to anchor and have it sit for a few weeks. Then after a while add a toadstool and problably a regular bubble coral.
If it splits cant I just take it out and sell them if its not hard to grab that is.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I think your tank is probably too new for an anemone and your experience in the hobby. Research for a couple more months let the tank mature some and then reconsider anemones. You see threads on here daily why is my nem like this? This is what you want to avoid and patience is the only way to do that. Props to you for not just buying one and for coming here and asking the questions.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I think your tank is probably too new for an anemone and your experience in the hobby. Research for a couple more months let the tank mature some and then reconsider anemones. You see threads on here daily why is my nem like this? This is what you want to avoid and patience is the only way to do that. Props to you for not just buying one and for coming here and asking the questions.
Alright ill hold off on buying one thank you for your help!

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest with you all I have only one leather coral in a hard to reach spot. I want to try and get the anemone to anchor and have it sit for a few weeks. Then after a while add a toadstool and problably a regular bubble coral.
If it splits cant I just take it out and sell them if its not hard to grab that is.
Good plan.
Don’t feed it.
Doesn’t need feedings, that encourages growth and split.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine split from 1 to 17 in my tank at the current moment. I’ve given away another 5-7 when I can remove them. They move, and have stung the living heck out of sps, cyphastrea, and anything else in its path. They aren’t easy to remove either.

corey

BionicReef73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Thanks.
They wont actively seek them out. If they move and run into one then yes the nem will win. But i have 13 BTA's presently and no issues

ArtisticReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nem/clownfish relationship is what attracted me to saltwater. I have rainbow bubble tip anemones and found they don’t like moving across the sand. I put them on an island and in general they stay there. Sometimes small ones leave the island and are easy to pick off the sand. I give them to my LFS for store credit. If your tank is new then wait a while as they are sensitive.
1700712437224.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back