BUBBLEBATH UNICORN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Adam maybe two years ago now and it grows like a weed for me. I have the main colony under my radions and a second under T5s. I get the most yellow from the t5 colony.
8d777c95bbc6d66af43779cbc690be8f.jpg

Mother colony pic taken under radions on all royal blue.

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Adam maybe two years ago now and it grows like a weed for me. I have the main colony under my radions and a second under T5s. I get the most yellow from the t5 colony.
8d777c95bbc6d66af43779cbc690be8f.jpg

Mother colony pic taken under radions on all royal blue.

Show off

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And one more that I placed as a Frags few months ago. I always get a color shift when I move from radions to T5s and this one def got nice yellows and a very defined blue tip
e6e503d82a9d1a65e7b35a0d46efd370.jpg

I believe this shot was taken under my actinics and XHO strip

Fishnugget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered mine through Therman which i think he got from Battle Corals. Good to read what I can expect in the first year. Looks like its a Slow grower with the exception of Russo that doses unicorn blood into his tank for phenomenal coral color, :)

OP
OP
SneakyTortuga

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered mine through Therman which i think he got from Battle Corals. Good to read what I can expect in the first year. Looks like its a Slow grower with the exception of Russo that doses unicorn blood into his tank for phenomenal coral color, :)

I’ve had mine for almost a year and it’s barely budged! Idk how Russo got his to grow like a weed

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for almost a year and it’s barely budged! Idk how Russo got his to grow like a weed

I wonder if mine grows so well because of how established it is? It’s fully encrusted and just pushes outward growth fast. The others I’ve cut are encrusting well, but aren’t branching yet so we’ll see. I wish I knew the secret, I’d be happy to share.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After 2 years and some initial encrusting I am starting to see some vertical growth/ yellow tips

Wow mine been in my tank for maybe 1.5 years. Encrusted like crazy and stopped, but I swear I see some movement in the last couple of weeks. To be continued.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm right there with you guys. This one below has been in my display for all of 2-3 years now. I clipped it a coupel times last year when i was extremely low on it, and @tristanfish 's frag was one of them, a glob more than anything but my last actual nodule of upward growth lol. I have been looking at an encrusted mass for ever now it seems. No protrusions at all. Fortunately, the ones I have on tiles upstairs are way more actively growing. This ones been painful to watch however.

IMG_5638.jpg

Here's mine again just now, in the display. Almost a full year later and just barely a couple of teeny upward growing protrusions. lol

IMG_0153.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back