Bubbles in Corner Bead on New IM 75. Thoughts?

sarahgo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3A15063D-EFED-40E1-A222-BF21D3677BDB.jpeg
E93D0F92-FEC0-429D-A7BF-38ACD08B066E.jpeg
1A94641D-0A1F-4701-AAED-91603CEEBDF9.jpeg 0D8F7D95-81E0-4A9B-AF6A-A7E4E91E88A8.jpeg

Last edited:

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be a chip off the glass. That is not workmanship I would accept. You paid a lot of money here. Over time you would have a higher risk of failure, so have it replaced by Innovative Marine.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sarahgo

sarahgo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be a chip off the glass. That is not workmanship I would accept. You paid a lot of money here. Over time you would have a higher risk of failure, so have it replaced by Innovative Marine.
Thanks for the reply.

I felt the same way, but of course they are saying everything is structurally sound. I will let them know that I’d like a replacement. I would expect chips and bubbles if I were to do this myself, but not from a manufacturer that specializes in building tanks.

Bummer.

Upvote 0

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you complain if your new delivered car has a “non structural” dent? Innovative Marine must be aware that while the tank is currently not at risk for failure, the same can not be said say in 5 years. What would they tell you then? To take it up with your home insurance?

Upvote 0

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard of this several times lately.
They were told absolutely normal. Go figure?
My 180g and every other tank I have had in the last 30 years had no bubbles anywhere, on any seam and the glass was perfect.
Maybe just lucky.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sarahgo

sarahgo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard of this several times lately.
They were told absolutely normal. Go figure?
My 180g and every other tank I have had in the last 30 years had no bubbles anywhere, on any seam and the glass was perfect.
Maybe just lucky.
You know, I’ve had a 120, 55, 20, 12, and a 10 gallon aquarium in my time in the hobby as well. None of which had a scratch or bubbles in the seals. I talked to customer support today, the sales manager and he told me that “if I exchange the tank, you’ll get the same thing. All the tanks are like this.” I said, “really, it’s normal for there to be .5inch bubbles i the structural seam for your tanks?” He replied, “yep!” I have a feeling he replied like that to buckle down on his prior comment. I’m not sure. I felt is was weird because his first response was that he’d gladly offer me a refund. Not once did he mention exchanging it for a tank with better workmanship. I’m a little disappointed in IM right now. They did offer an extra year in my warranty.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sarahgo

sarahgo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps there is a vendor feedback also on this forum. Pending on their response, it may be worthwhile to document your experiences for others.
Will do. At this point, I’m thinking I’ll just stick with this tank, because the feedback was less than ideal. He was a bit confrontational. I just want a tank that’s perfect, right out of the box, and he really took it personally.

Upvote 0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,sorry to hear, unacceptable in a new tank...:( really ?? another new one is going to look like this ???

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back