Bubbles in Corner Bead on New IM 75. Thoughts?

sarahgo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
43
Reaction score
37
Location
Mission Viejo, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3A15063D-EFED-40E1-A222-BF21D3677BDB.jpeg
E93D0F92-FEC0-429D-A7BF-38ACD08B066E.jpeg
1A94641D-0A1F-4701-AAED-91603CEEBDF9.jpeg 0D8F7D95-81E0-4A9B-AF6A-A7E4E91E88A8.jpeg
 
Last edited:
There seems to be a chip off the glass. That is not workmanship I would accept. You paid a lot of money here. Over time you would have a higher risk of failure, so have it replaced by Innovative Marine.
 
Upvote 0
There seems to be a chip off the glass. That is not workmanship I would accept. You paid a lot of money here. Over time you would have a higher risk of failure, so have it replaced by Innovative Marine.
Thanks for the reply.

I felt the same way, but of course they are saying everything is structurally sound. I will let them know that I’d like a replacement. I would expect chips and bubbles if I were to do this myself, but not from a manufacturer that specializes in building tanks.

Bummer.
 
Upvote 0
Would you complain if your new delivered car has a “non structural” dent? Innovative Marine must be aware that while the tank is currently not at risk for failure, the same can not be said say in 5 years. What would they tell you then? To take it up with your home insurance?
 
Upvote 0
Ps there is a vendor feedback also on this forum. Pending on their response, it may be worthwhile to document your experiences for others.
 
Upvote 0
Heard of this several times lately.
They were told absolutely normal. Go figure?
My 180g and every other tank I have had in the last 30 years had no bubbles anywhere, on any seam and the glass was perfect.
Maybe just lucky.
 
Upvote 0
Heard of this several times lately.
They were told absolutely normal. Go figure?
My 180g and every other tank I have had in the last 30 years had no bubbles anywhere, on any seam and the glass was perfect.
Maybe just lucky.
You know, I’ve had a 120, 55, 20, 12, and a 10 gallon aquarium in my time in the hobby as well. None of which had a scratch or bubbles in the seals. I talked to customer support today, the sales manager and he told me that “if I exchange the tank, you’ll get the same thing. All the tanks are like this.” I said, “really, it’s normal for there to be .5inch bubbles i the structural seam for your tanks?” He replied, “yep!” I have a feeling he replied like that to buckle down on his prior comment. I’m not sure. I felt is was weird because his first response was that he’d gladly offer me a refund. Not once did he mention exchanging it for a tank with better workmanship. I’m a little disappointed in IM right now. They did offer an extra year in my warranty.
 
Upvote 0
Ps there is a vendor feedback also on this forum. Pending on their response, it may be worthwhile to document your experiences for others.
Will do. At this point, I’m thinking I’ll just stick with this tank, because the feedback was less than ideal. He was a bit confrontational. I just want a tank that’s perfect, right out of the box, and he really took it personally.
 
Upvote 0
hi,sorry to hear, unacceptable in a new tank...:( really ?? another new one is going to look like this ???
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new