Budget light suggestion for 30x12x18

Zach85j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had on 10g some led strip bar forgot the brand and was nice but i really like more shimmer and they also didnt last long with salt water seeping in to them
but upgrading to a larger tank

So the two im looking at so far is Hipargero off amazon and looking at the Kessil A80

i know Kessils would get me what i want but unsure about the Hipargero but i see good reviews on them
from my research and tank size it looks like 1 of either or is like on the edge and two would be best coverage if im understanding the light
pattern and par correctly

also any other options or suggestions

tank size are 30x12x18 pics below 29 gallon

budget is something around 150is can go higher if its worth it

image2.jpeg image1.jpeg image0.jpeg

Last edited:

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope I can help you. If you want to buy lights, you can check our BRAND ONLINE, there is double discount 15%*25% DISCOUNT now.

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had on 10g some led strip bar forgot the brand and was nice but i really like more shimmer and they also didnt last long with salt water seeping in to them
but upgrading to a larger tank

So the two im looking at so far is Hipargero off amazon and looking at the Kessil A80

i know Kessils would get me what i want but unsure about the Hipargero but i see good reviews on them
from my research and tank size it looks like 1 of either or is like on the edge and two would be best coverage if im understanding the light
pattern and par correctly

also any other options or suggestions

tank size are 30x12x18 pics below 29 gallon

budget is something around 150is can go higher if its worth it

image2.jpeg image1.jpeg image0.jpeg
I have 2 of these on a 45 gallon cube

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get the kessils. You're leaning toward them if you know they give what you want and are unsure about other options. There won't be a budget option that doesn't have mixed reviews.

If one existed, kessil and radion would be out of biz.

Lighting is such a key piece of gear. Once you know what suits you find a way to budget it in or you'll find yourself wondering what kessil would be like and end up buying twice.

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get the kessils. You're leaning toward them if you know they give what you want and are unsure about other options. There won't be a budget option that doesn't have mixed reviews.

Lighting is such a key piece of gear. Once you know what suits you find a way to budget it in or you'll find yourself wondering what kessil would be like and end up buying twice.
If your going to buy the Kessil spend less and get better lighting overall!! Go radions xr15’s

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This will get old, but you'll get what you pay for. A used Ai Prime or hydra 26 or even a used kessil will fare better.
The problem with budget lights is sooner or later you will add or want coral and budget light will be insufficient

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your going to buy the Kessil spend less and get better lighting overall!! Go radions xr15’s

I mostly agree except he mentioned shimmer and kessil I'm the same thread.

I'd shimmer is a kpi, and OP is already thinking kessil, then this thread will sail for a couple pages and end with kessil IMO.

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it works like this!!! Up front yes you are certainly correct!! But end result!! Corals and all invertebrates happy you won’t be upgrading your lights for about 15 years and the savings alone on electricity!! Yes the kessil will do it’s job kinda but your going to get better spread better par in all and your reef will love you. So up front yup little more in the long run!!! Will save you tons and let you enjoy whatever corals you want. Sps/lps. And just think!! Best part it’s all digital and you never have to worry about your lights!!! You app ( Mobius) probably one of the best apps to work with and easy to use!! I wouldn’t say if it didn’t make a ton of difference to me and I have a few tanks.!! From 40 gal to 10000 gal. I like to try a ton of different companies and their units. If they work I’ll represent if not, Butkiss lol. But if I were you I’d put my pocket cash into the radions :).

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need two of either of those lights for a 30 inch long tank. Sorry to break it to you. The A80 is not very powerful.

A single viperspectra will grow anything you want in a 29 but won’t get you the kessil shimmer you want.

OP
OP
Zach85j

Zach85j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you'd like I can post a video
yes please

i dont disagree with you but just researching my options only con with kessil is i see people usually upgrade due to strenght is that good for some coral
have to look into
This will get old, but you'll get what you pay for. A used Ai Prime or hydra 26 or even a used kessil will fare better.
The problem with budget lights is sooner or later you will add or want coral and budget light will be insufficient
i agree with ya nothing wrong with seeing the options i may not know about and been looking for used options as well as some reviews on youtube are bias for what ever reason and i agree with and disagree with the budget lighting as i seen decent reviews on some everyone setup is different
Well it works like this!!! Up front yes you are certainly correct!! But end result!! Corals and all invertebrates happy you won’t be upgrading your lights for about 15 years and the savings alone on electricity!! Yes the kessil will do it’s job kinda but your going to get better spread better par in all and your reef will love you. So up front yup little more in the long run!!! Will save you tons and let you enjoy whatever corals you want. Sps/lps. And just think!! Best part it’s all digital and you never have to worry about your lights!!! You app ( Mobius) probably one of the best apps to work with and easy to use!! I wouldn’t say if it didn’t make a ton of difference to me and I have a few tanks.!! From 40 gal to 10000 gal. I like to try a ton of different companies and their units. If they work I’ll represent if not, Butkiss lol. But if I were you I’d put my pocket cash into the radions :).

Nicrew hyperreefs aren't bad
ill look into

OP
OP
Zach85j

Zach85j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need two of either of those lights for a 30 inch long tank. Sorry to break it to you. The A80 is not very powerful.

A single viperspectra will grow anything you want in a 29 but won’t get you the kessil shimmer you want.
yes thats what ive seen so far my light i have now are similar to the viper i just really like the shimmer effect honestly

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes please

i dont disagree with you but just researching my options only con with kessil is i see people usually upgrade due to strenght is that good for some coral

have to look into

i agree with ya nothing wrong with seeing the options i may not know about and been looking for used options as well as some reviews on youtube are bias for what ever reason and i agree with and disagree with the budget lighting as i seen decent reviews on some everyone setup is different

ill look into

Attachments

• IMG_2050.MOV
    48.5 MB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back