Lighting Suggestions

Flyangler33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some lighting suggestions. Have an IM fusion pro 50gallong aio. Currently have 2 ai prime 16hds set up on it. This is my first tank and lighting is probably the 1 area i did the least research before purchasing my tank (though my lfs only had the primes). Looking for something for a mixed reef different corals and fish. Im not too concerned with budget so throw me any and every recommendation you got.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not concerned with budget you say?

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the tank size/dimension. . . some of my suggestions may be a little over sized haha

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking for some lighting suggestions. Have an IM fusion pro 50gallong aio. Currently have 2 ai prime 16hds set up on it. This is my first tank and lighting is probably the 1 area i did the least research before purchasing my tank (though my lfs only had the primes). Looking for something for a mixed reef different corals and fish. Im not too concerned with budget so throw me any and every recommendation you got.
being a 20" tank, some options are:

2 Orphek OR3 light bars (sky blue and blue plus)

2 Noopsyche K7 Pros

2 Ai Hydra 26 or 32hd

OP
OP
F

Flyangler33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
being a 20" tank, some options are:

2 Orphek OR3 light bars (sky blue and blue plus)

2 Noopsyche K7 Pros

2 Ai Hydra 26 or 32hd
Thank you, do you think the change from the prime to the hydra is worth it/warranted? of those 3 do you have experience with them or a preference of the 3? Either of them have good customer service?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you, do you think the change from the prime to the hydra is worth it/warranted? of those 3 do you have experience with them or a preference of the 3? Either of them have good customer service?
Worth it yes and you'll be glad when and if you go up to a larger tank and can still use them

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the IM 50 gallon is 30x24x16"H.

I would just run the 2 Primes, since you have them.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest investing in a par meter as the 2 primes may be sufficient for your needs. If not, the par meter would be useful If you upgrade the lights.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought Aquanest I like them. You can program them the way you want or use the preset mode. I did my own schedule. They are Wi-Fi, and when I shut power off for sump cleaning I just go to the app on my phone open settings connect and fire them back up $500 Canadian a pop. I have no idea how this works but when I connect it searches for my Wi-Fi and does not find it for some reason, but connects anyway. Has entire spectrum. If you go to Bulk Reef Supply site they do videos on lights. They seem to like as well as a lot of people Kessil. They sell them as well. I am sure its just a coincidence

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back