Budget lighting on a standard 75 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chadra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chadra

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Location
Daytona Beach, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started the tank in July with two hipagero aqua knights from an old 20 gal build and want to upgrade without breaking the bank.

I've been looking at a pair of @noopsyche pros or the nicrew 150s

Picture for attention

Screenshot_20231130_144830_Gallery.jpg
 
I started the tank in July with two hipagero aqua knights from an old 20 gal build and want to upgrade without breaking the bank.

I've been looking at a pair of @noopsyche pros or the nicrew 150s

Picture for attention

Screenshot_20231130_144830_Gallery.jpg
Goodluck!
 
I've been looking at a pair of @noopsyche pros or the nicrew 150s
Welcome to R2R!

Those are 2 of the 4 budget lights that I think of. The other 2 would be Smatfarm and the old school 'black box' type LEDs like Marsaqua and Viparspectra.

Looks like you are keeping some SPS? How much is your budget, exactly? What features are most important to you?
 
Welcome to R2R!

Those are 2 of the 4 budget lights that I think of. The other 2 would be Smatfarm and the old school 'black box' type LEDs like Marsaqua and Viparspectra.

Looks like you are keeping some SPS? How much is your budget, exactly? What features are most important to you?
Thank you!

I'm trying to keep the budget around 400. I've been scouring the local marketplace but I'm not too sure on what to look for with used lights.

I want a mix of sps and LPS but I prefer LPS, euphillia is my favorite. I would like to be able to keep a clam when my tank is more mature. Do you have any experience with any of these brands?
 
I would definitely recommend the noopsyche if you don't mind a strong blue look. Otherwise, Quanta, Reefbrite, and Nicrew would be my next choices
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new