Budget Nano Lighting Suggestions

mistuhm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've been using a Aquaknight for the past 2 years I've had my tank and its been doing pretty well so far. It recently died and I wanted to invest in something else other than that. I only grow softies and gorgonians so high lighting demand isn't necessary. I was looking at the Aquaknight V2 and possibly a Kessil A80 but with adding a gooseneck and controller, it really breaks my budget.

Any suggestions on the V2 or other lighting suggestions? My tank is a 25 gallon all in one tank if that helps.

Thanks again!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicrew hyper reefs are pretty nice for the price. They have a very nice blue if you like that coral glow that blue provides.

OP
OP
mistuhm

mistuhm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicrew hyper reefs are pretty nice for the price. They have a very nice blue if you like that coral glow that blue provides.
They have a 100w and 50w. Would the 50w be plenty enough for mine? And does it work off a external timer?

Dankiest_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a 100w and 50w. Would the 50w be plenty enough for mine? And does it work off a external timer?

I have the 50W on my 12 gallon for the last 2 months. Corals seem happy. Good coloration with 100% blue. It works with a wall timer. However, there is no sunrise/sunset or timed ramp up or ramp down option. Just on/off with what ever setting you have. You can only adjust the blue channel and white channel separately

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just save up and get a kessil 160, you'll be happier in the future, buy once right

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Both gen's of the Prime are good.

-NanoBox leds are awesome if you can find one.

-DIY is always a good choice.

-AquaKnight v2

-AquaKnight v1

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back