h2.jpg
fraggg.jpg
h2.jpg

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always good to wait and be patient in this hobby.
In my opinion I would get my cycle done first before I add anymore.

I have used this before to help with the cycle. It's a bacteria that speeds up and helps. LFS around here sell it so if you decide to try it no need to order online.
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18390

The frags look good. Sorry can't help with hitchhiker though. Definitely pick up a skimmer an ato is nice to have also.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcom home, you will love it here!

Let’s see some tank pics! :)

OP
OP
LanM

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I've considered using that, and am waiting to see if/what happens. I'm also trying to decide what will stay in this 8 gallon tank, and what will transfer to the 29 when it is set up. I may just keep this going as a qt tank.

For the 29, I'm definitely getting an ato and a skimmer. I'm on the fence about getting the aquatic 115 or the reef glass/reef glass diy. I'm not 100% decided on my filtration so I'm a bit hesitant making a decision that will limit my space in the back.

OP
OP
LanM

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4Ford,
I'm still just on the 8 gallon, haven't even picked up the 29 gallon up yet, nor my fish. But I do have a pic of the 8 gallon that's set up currently. I'm heading to Florida twice in the next 2 weeks, so I'm hesitant to put up the 29 and the fish before I leave for a week. I'd like to be present to be on top of things.
20180124_221201.jpg

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good! I had a 10 gallon when I first start, then a few months later got a 29. It's nice having a little more room and water volume. I used the skimmer you are looking into the AquaticLife 115. It worked for me when I had the smaller tanks.

OP
OP
LanM

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment man, I'm itching to get the fish I bought in the tank. I can't leave them at the store forever, so I'm likely going to put them in this one and transfer to the 29 when I'm done with it.

I sent out an email to blueacro about their acrostar pucks and strips. Lumileds, American made and darn affordable. I'm trying to put together a great diy for about 150. If not, I've raised the budget to 200 for an IA prime HD as they seem like a great light with lots of people supporting it.

I'm almost tempted to just sell the biocube and get the fluval 13.5 and mode that little led and be done with it, but something tells me I might not be happy.

OP
OP
LanM

LanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pics of the tank after yesterday's additions...the others are in my other thread, as I moved over 1k pictures from my phone to laptop today.
20180202_164520.jpg
20180202_163729.jpg
20180202_163703.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back