Bug id

Chalice palace

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
59
Reaction score
3
Location
Dallas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this bug under my yellow hammer, it seemed to do fine when it was out of water as it did in water! Not sure if this is a natural bug in saltwater or if my local bugs can live in water? I've never seen one like this before! I love in Oklahoma! Thanks for help!!
 

Attachments

  • 1402874117094.jpg
    1402874117094.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 187
Earwig-just an insect. Not normally found in saltwater.


Dermaptera

It had to have fallen in the tank or come in on something that was dry recently.

This used to be a very common insect, surprisingly now they are going the way of honey bees for some unknown reason.
 
Thnx everyone! I squished it so it won't be pinching anything anymore! I have had a few chalices start to recede so was concerned he was the culprit! It may have been my lights though, I was running 2 gen 1 radions over a 47 gal frag tank so I think the lighting was too much so I took one off last night and am running just 1 at 30%
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new