Build my LED 14000k review

  • Thread starter Thread starter p0lecat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
some updated

Happy clams, just thought people would like to see my clams doing well under these lights. Its sunrise in the tank, ill post some high noon pics later
 

Attachments

  • 20131229_111229.jpg
    20131229_111229.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 286
  • 20131229_111217.jpg
    20131229_111217.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 290
  • 20131229_111124.jpg
    20131229_111124.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 295
high noon

Of note I only ramp these lights up to 75%
 

Attachments

  • 20131229_133221.jpg
    20131229_133221.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 20131229_133302.jpg
    20131229_133302.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 340
  • 20131229_133353.jpg
    20131229_133353.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 314
Great update, glad they are working out for you. Their compact design sure allows for some unique applications and easy way to supplement T5 or MH fixtures.

Cheers, Todd
 
leds only

These lights work really well by themselves, I use them with no other lights. I just received my new fixtures for my new build and even @72" long they still have a small foot print and two fixtures only cost me about as much one radium fixture cost. It would have doubled the price of my build to use other fixtures to light my six foot long tank
 

Attachments

  • 20131229_201812.jpg
    20131229_201812.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 20131229_201822.jpg
    20131229_201822.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 280
I just wish the brackets were a bit more stable. Other than that I really have no complaints so far.
 
I just wish the brackets were a bit more stable. Other than that I really have no complaints so far.
I agree, it took me a minute to figure out how they work. They definitely look more solid in the photos, I think it would be good feedback to the company to see if they can improve the design.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new