Build new tank - ask for advise

jackalcodon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2024
Messages
38
Reaction score
6
Location
Vietnam
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I am new to the hobby and I currently have a small AIO nano tank. I plan to upgrade to a bigger one, size 90x45x50cm with sum of 60x40x40 cm. I did some re-search and draw a map on how the tank, overflow, sum should be. Al so with cabinet and how organise in/out flow. Please help to advice if is it good to proceed and what should I aware of?
Thank you in advance for your advise and experiences.
1740118332303.jpeg
 
Looks good to me. Running herbie style with a single return
 
Is there any issue with the sum with this size and chamber dimensions? Are they too small?
 
One thing I know for sure is to make sure that your sump can take the water when power is off. That say whenever your return pump is off water in your DT will drain down to your sump to a certain level. Will your sump be able to handle it? With water already there?
 
Hello All,
I am new to the hobby and I currently have a small AIO nano tank. I plan to upgrade to a bigger one, size 90x45x50cm with sum of 60x40x40 cm. I did some re-search and draw a map on how the tank, overflow, sum should be. Al so with cabinet and how organise in/out flow. Please help to advice if is it good to proceed and what should I aware of?
Thank you in advance for your advise and experiences.
1740118332303.jpeg
I see Vietnamese language on your drawing here. Are you Vietnamese?
 
Are you planning on having a heater at all? Make sure wherever it is it fits and don't put it in the return chamber.
 
Are you planning on having a heater at all? Make sure wherever it is it fits and don't put it in the return chamber.
I live in south of Vietnam, which is hot all the time. So, I don't use heater, but a chiller instead, and the chiller will be place outside. I am considering between a cabinet in MDF or a frame with alu profile for the stand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new