Build threads!

Would you rather read a build thread while the tank is in progress or complete?

• I like to see a completed tank start to finish

• I like to see the tank as it’s “coming along”

• I like to see a build thread where the tank is complete but doesn’t have water yet

• I like to see a build thread from start to finish with fish/corals established

Results are only viewable after voting.

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious on what our members like to see in a build thread! My tank isn’t done yet but I’m wondering if I should wait to post my build until it’s done or start now and post my progress! Let me know what you think!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say start from day one. Even from conception. All of the advice and encouragement is a great part of the thread, but probably the most useful part of a build thread is being able to look back and see exactly what you did and when you did it. You actually wind up with a chronological record of the evolution of your tank. How cool is that?! Imagine looking back after years to remind yourself how long you used this before you switched to that. Why you will never do THAT again. And exactly how long this piece of equipment lasted before it had to be replaced.

Admittedly, I'm guilty of letting my build thread go woefully out of date. I keep telling myself I'm going to update it, but the longer it goes, the harder it is to do. :(

OP
OP
KellyCorals

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback guys! I would like a couple more people to check out my build thread if you have the time and maybe drop a comment or two. Here is the link if you want to check it out! It’s not fully up to date but I’ve been posting everyday to try and catch up to where I actually am in the process. Happy reefing!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back