Building custom stands for Red Sea tanks

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have long term plans to migrate my aquariums from the first floor down to my basement office for a variety of reasons. As part of this, I thought it may be prudent to upgrade the stands for my two Red Sea tanks. Has anyone built custom stands for specifically Red Sea Reefer tanks (I have a 425 and a 250)? I'm open to either wood or aluminum.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have long term plans to migrate my aquariums from the first floor down to my basement office for a variety of reasons. As part of this, I thought it may be prudent to upgrade the stands for my two Red Sea tanks. Has anyone built custom stands for specifically Red Sea Reefer tanks (I have a 425 and a 250)? I'm open to either wood or aluminum.
Depends on your budget, but my DIY worked out ok. less then $150, with the skin being $50 of it .Here is my XL525 stand build.
IMG_1662small.jpg
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1737small.jpg
IMG_2019.JPG

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should people be euro bracing their red sea tanks? I kinda think I would.
I think the seam failure issue was with RedSea stand and lack of center support, coupled by the fact that the front glass was "floating" without support and inadequate sealant on front corners. I didnt go with the floating glass look....

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the seam failure issue was with RedSea stand and lack of center support, coupled by the fact that the front glass was "floating" without support and inadequate sealant on front corners. I didnt go with the floating glass look....
So euro brace would help reinforce those weak spots with inadequate sealant. Anyhow, nice looking tank and stand though. Very nice. Can't wait to see it filled with coral.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back