Building my 29gal dream build

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 29gal dream build

I am now building my "dream tank". I have been selling my 90 gal setup to raise money for this build and i think is about time i start to document the progress.

The system will include:
29gal display tank
Stand will be custom made very soon!!

Filtration:
010.jpg

Eshopps RS200 sump
Reef Octopus Extreme Series skimmer
Danner Mag 3 return pump
Eshopps overflow

Circulation:
Ecotech Marine MP10 ES powerhead

Lighting will be Luke's 120w LED fixture! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these!!

Controller:
I haven't decided what controller I want to get yet so suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! Looking forward to this build.. what's your goal for this tank??

OP
OP
P

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My overall goal when I started planning this build was to have a system capable of growing any coral and being more automated, compared to my last system. With my previous system I cold only grow softies and some LPS. I plan on this being a mostly LPS tank but I want to try some SPS.

OP
OP
P

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the rest of the wood to finish the stand today. Framing is 2x4's and the the stand will be covered with 3/4" Oak plywood from top to bottom. Just finished cutting the rest of the pieces for the stand's frame. I will finish assembling the stand tomorrow and hopefully have some pictures then. Not sure if I will be able to finish the stand this week since the new Call of Duty comes out tonight but now that I have all the wood it shouldn't be long!!

OP
OP
P

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tons of Progress!!
Aside from adding some trim and a few coats of paint the stand is now finished!!

I added an electrical box on the inside of the stand to help in the everlasting challenge of keeping a mess of wires out of sight. The outlet is a grounded GFI plug to make sure nothing catches on fire should it get wet.
Then I thought it would be nice to be able to see in my stand when I'm trying to work so I added under cabinet LED lighting.

Plumbing is almost done now. The drain side is completely done except for a flex fitting I will be installing tomorrow night, and as soon as I can figure out how I want the water returned to the tank I will knock out the return side of the plumbing. Suggestions would be great!

Tonight's Progress
Just finished adding a second GFCI outlet
Also just finished the plumbing on the supply line for the sump.

OP
OP
P

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a diagram of the new plumbing design. I have planned this system to be completely fail safe. Meaning that if anything happens aside from a catastrophic failure, then no water should ever leave the system. Please let me know if you find something I have overlooked!!!
Newplumbing-1.png

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back