Bulk Reef Supply Customer Service

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered from bulk reef supply and when the package came today it was opened and damaged. Three items out of five were missing. Has anyone had experiences with Yeah Customer Service I’m just trying to figure out what to expect I contacted them and I’m just waiting to hear back from them.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just write to them about what has happened. Take photos and send to their customer service. I've had great experiences with them, I've had items missing before and they've sent it no questions asked.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love their 14 day price match guarantee. Ordered a few items on Thursday. The items are on sale on Wednesday. Call Thursday and they gave me the difference in points. Second time it has happened. It is so great to not be frustrated by ordering something and see it go on sale the next day.

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see a company that seems to take care of their customers.
Especially, with businesses practically begging for customers in a time like this.

Being new to the game, I appreciate all the feedback y'all give on the companies out there. Good or bad.

So, thanks. It makes this hobby much less daunting to those of us that aren't seasoned pros.

U

User1

View Badges
Tip - reach out to them before posting. Read until they respond. Then decide. These threads can be misleading to others and it may not be your intent. Their portal has a Chat icon / tab and if it is within normal business hours they always respond. If you are outside that window, don't want to chat, or call, send an email with your concern and they will take care of it.

Just a friendly tip.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just call and get issue taken care of in a few minutes.

Mike25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all. Thanks for the coupon in the mail. Very cool!!! Ordered something I had wanted for a while now.

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are great, T5 bulb came damaged. Called them and they replaced it right away.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 5 MarinePureBio Blocks. 3 arrived broke, a 4th cracked. (poor packaging) I provided pics.
Option 1: 50% refund didn't work for me.
Option 2: return and replace worked for me. then they decided keep them and they would send 4 new ones.

ordered the RODI 150 Water Saver. received it. opened the box....yep RODI system.
two months later when I go to install, and actually remove it from the box, discover it's not the water saver version.
after being scolded for not noticing sooner :D they sent me a shipper to return the one I had received and sent me the correct one.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the couple times i've had to call customer service they've been great to deal with. once i ordered an aquatic life t5 hybrid light fixture and received a sump instead. another time i ordered a tds meter and got a conductivity meter instead, (this one could have easily been my fault as i was reading fast and the part number was very close) i paid shipping back on this one, but no problem with them taking it back.

thatsruff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed their packaging has been below par as of late. Using huge boxes for very small items. Using very flimsy boxes for heavy items. Etc.

I have only ordered three times from them, all very recently, and found their packaging to be really sub par. Just items chucked in big boxes, clearly no thought. The last shipment had a bottle of all the reef spill over everything and the box crushed because of the wet box.

Their customer service took care of it and was very nice when I called but packaging leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only ordered three times from them, all very recently, and found their packaging to be really sub par. Just items chucked in big boxes, clearly no thought. The last shipment had a bottle of all the reef spill over everything and the box crushed because of the wet box.

Their customer service took care of it and was very nice when I called but packaging leaves a whole lot to be desired.
It never used to be this way. A few years back their packaging was top notch, but not so much now.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had nothing but outstanding experiences with them. Prompt order fulfillment, prompt customer response, good packaging inside the box etc... As for missing items, assuming it wasn't robbed inside their own warehouse (unlikely and how could you prove anyhow), they aren't exactly responsible for the box once it leaves their facility (check out their FOB terms, I don't recall). I've worked for UPS and have and first hand insight into USPS as well, and it isn't pretty. They might do you a solid anyhow if you let them know. What I've learned is positive approaches far more often Garner positive responses :). Let us know how it goes.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It never used to be this way. A few years back their packaging was top notch, but not so much now.
I’m assuming that has a lot to do with recent events. Doubt they have their usual people in there, or perhaps it’s tougher getting the right shipping materials. That said, your stuff showing up broken doesnt help either side of the transaction.

thatsruff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had nothing but outstanding experiences with them. Prompt order fulfillment, prompt customer response, good packaging inside the box etc... As for missing items, assuming it wasn't robbed inside their own warehouse (unlikely and how could you prove anyhow), they aren't exactly responsible for the box once it leaves their facility (check out their FOB terms, I don't recall). I've worked for UPS and have and first hand insight into USPS as well, and it isn't pretty. They might do you a solid anyhow if you let them know. What I've learned is positive approaches far more often Garner positive responses :). Let us know how it goes.

I’m assuming that has a lot to do with recent events. Doubt they have their usual people in there, or perhaps it’s tougher getting the right shipping materials. That said, your stuff showing up broken doesnt help either side of the transaction.

Totally plausible that it has to do with recent events, and certainly shippers do not handle packages well, otherwise my box would have been just wet and not also crushed (but imo they should also know how shippers treat packages and therefore pack items as such).

I just wanted to share my recent experience as it seemed relevant to the issue at hand. Like I said, they were quick to refund when I called and very nice about it on the phone.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back