Bulk Reef Supply thread participation virtually zero since Randy left...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bee144

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only issue is I feel they need a disclaimer stating that they are selling first party items and also to show a 3rd party alternative.

I think that would be a happy medium and make everyone satisfied.

BRS sells some great 1st party products. Just be more transparent about it in the videos.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There most certainly has been a significant Decline since all of the Buyouts, Mergers and Randy leaving. Just look at the number of views from Videos before Randy left and look at it now. I would say about a 60-75% reduction in viewership.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There most certainly has been a significant Decline since all of the Buyouts, Mergers and Randy leaving. Just look at the number of views from Videos before Randy left and look at it now. I would say about a 60-75% reduction in viewership.

Flip side would be to ask is if there really anything new to talk about? Looking across the social media landscape it is more or less all the same thing only with a different shade of lipstick. Even when the more popular socialites have more established guests the topic of conversation isn't ground breaking.

Maybe it is for newer hobbyists but those with some time under their belt there isn't much new. This isn't unique to BRS because others are doing the same thing. Beginner setting up new tank from thought to fish. Mid level hobbyist setting up their display.

Another thought came to my mind as I was typing this is that BRS is maybe looking at what is being viewed vs not. Not that I watch their content much but what of it I see in passing is Ryan with X person and that x person is being rotated around. Sort of like throwing things on a wall to see what sticks (or has the viewer count). That is what they will stick with.

No idea - just another old person yelling at the clouds...

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need more Thomas. That's all. :D

What I've noticed is that the latest videos seem to be very, very broad. The last lighting series presented information on 50+ different light setups, and a variety of topics. What we're missing is the single product deep dives.

One example... The AI Blades launched during the last massive lighting series, and they were included in the series along with 50 other lights. What we haven't seen is the typical in-depth review of the Blades yet. The mounting height, color settings, etc were mentioned in passing, but nothing like the single product investigates series that we used to get.

That wasn't the only light just "lumped in" with the rest, it was just a handy example.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What I've noticed is that the latest videos seem to be very, very broad. The last lighting series presented information on 50+ different light setups, and a variety of topics. What we're missing is the single product deep dives.

One example... The AI Blades launched during the last massive lighting series, and they were included in the series along with 50 other lights. What we haven't seen is the typical in-depth review of the Blades yet. The mounting height, color settings, etc were mentioned in passing, but nothing like the single product investigates series that we used to get.

That wasn't the only light just "lumped in" with the rest, it was just a handy example.
Thomas was just here recently shooting a lot of content that will get released in the coming weeks and months, so you'll get your wish of more Thomas very soon! :)

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thomas was just here recently shooting a lot of content that will get released in the coming weeks and months, so you'll get your wish of more Thomas very soon! :)
Thomas does BRS marketing videos...

Randy (while they were marketing videos also) did more investigative videos...

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thomas does BRS marketing videos...

Randy (while they were marketing videos also) did more investigative videos...

Yep. This right here. We need more investigates videos. The huge, multi-part videos (like the recent lighting videos) are good, but The individual deep dives are better.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm... they all are...

You think Ryan spends all this time and money making these videos out of the goodness of his heart and nothing else...?

BRS is where it is today (financially and in stature) mainly, not exclusively, because of these videos.

Randy may not have been the most charismatic person to some people - but I tell you what, he was a hard worker.

Doing all of those BRS Investigates videos and in-depth segments...

And always making sure our questions in here, and elsewhere, were answered - almost always the same day or the next.

His absence is greatly missed - on here (and elsewhere), and I am sure at BRS as well.
I didn't even know BSR even existed.

When I was starting back up into reefing a few months ago thats all I watched was Randy on BRS TV!

I loved all the info that was provided and taught me alot that I didn't even remember from 20 yrs ago when I broke my reef tank down and stored it away.

I may be new now, but may I ask what happened to Randy?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't even know BSR even existed.

When I was starting back up into reefing a few months ago thats all I watched was Randy on BRS TV!

I loved all the info that was provided and taught me alot that I didn't even remember from 20 yrs ago when I broke my reef tank down and stored it away.

I may be new now, but may I ask what happened to Randy?

He left and is working at AT3 Tactical. Runs their social media and YouTube channel

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removed a few posts and posts that quoted those posts. Not everyone who had something removed did something wrong. Anyway, this is R2R and not Facebook. We’re not going to use our forum as a place to degrade, flame or be rude to someone personally.

Thank you.
If only i felt that askbrs facebook page did the same. Too bad they dont lol. Brs lost all of my business for many reasons.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only i felt that askbrs facebook page did the same. Too bad they dont lol. Brs lost all of my business for many reasons.

We do want to keep the AskBRS Facebook group a positive place. Due to the way Facebook presents comments it is a challenge to see all comments on a post and the feed may also hide posts based on activity. If you ever see any comments where members are getting negative like this, please report that comment so an admin can review it and remove it. This helps them see these comments quicker and helps keep things positive.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you have feedback about a transaction leave it in the vendor feedback forum.

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, two posts, that violated absolutely no rules, deleted here in the last 15 minutes...

Censoring absolutely fine posts.

I guess they didn't learn the lesson of that once thriving other reef forum...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, two posts, that violated absolutely no rules, deleted here in the last 15 minutes...

Censoring absolutely fine posts.

I guess they didn't learn the lesson of that once thriving other reef forum...

We actually do have rules in our TOS about leaving feedback that you broke, among other things, including you calling me out.

1689615250311.png

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually do have rules in our TOS about leaving feedback that you broke, among other things, including you calling me out.

1689615250311.png
I don't know what happened nor do I care. It's nice to be part of a site where the owner takes pride in his members. Sometimes people need to be steered back on course for otherwise things steam roll out of control. I'm a member on a tech site but no longer participate due to next to zero moderation and people flaming everybody else. I checked out a couple other reefing sites and couldn't believe some of the comments people would leave. I even checked out r2r before creating an account and honestly I don't think I found one negative post towards another member which was why I signed up.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%

Back