Bulkhead installed backwards and siliconed in

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishy888
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Good point. As long as it works I can live with it. It's holding water currently so I'll just have to watch it. Thank you all.
 
So this is the solution I came up with and it's holding better than I thought it might. I got a 1" to 1 1/4" adapter and cemented it to the inside and tip of the pipe/fitting coming out of the bottom. I went extra thick on the cement. I used extra coats to build up some thickness although the coats were thicker than with paint of course. At midnight it will be 24 hours since the last coat went on. The joint is surprisingly strong. We'll see how well it holds up but I think it's going to work. Once I open the floodgates I'll follow up on this thread. If anyone else ends up in this situation I want them to know how this turns out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new