Bully lawnmower blenny?

OneMerissa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I just added a lawnmower blenny yesterday. He’s about 3.5 inches already so not really a baby. He’s bullying my Royal gramma quite badly to where she is pretty much not moving. Just hiding or laying in the back of the tank. The blenny kicked her out of her normal caves while he explored. He lundges up to her and snaps but he doesn’t seem to actually bit. Should I be concerned or just see how it plays out? Oddly enough the Royal gramma was the queen prior to this. She gave my firefish **** constantly but that calmed down in about a week. Total fish I have are two clowns 1 firefish 1 Royal gramma and the lawnmower

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you return to LFS for a smaller sized blenny?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LM can be Aggressive, and sometimes do calm down. That's a trickey one with the small basslet getting beaten up on because the Blenny can actually do a lot of damage. I would keep an eye on and see if it relaxes at all.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a LM Blenny a few weeks ago. I have observed a number of them at different LFS and never saw them acting aggressive. Bought one brought him home and he was a major dick from the get go. He bullies EVERYONE. No on is off limits from him, even my Tangs. It sucks most of my fish are all rock dwellers and he does not like to let any of them into the rocks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back