Bumblebee shrimp will eat asternia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryce M.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
1,976
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a harliequin that died due to shipping complications and I saw a pair of bumble bee shrimp for sale. Will they help me?
 
Ive heard bumblebee shrimp do but have used harlequin.
 
I tried a pair once, put them in my tank and never saw them again. That was probably six months ago now, and I do have less asterina but it may be due to me having less algae in my tank as well. I have a 120 gallon so they were pretty tiny in my tank. I guess I don't have an answer for you but if you want something that you can see doing its job in the tank stick with harlequin.
 
I tried a pair once, put them in my tank and never saw them again. That was probably six months ago now, and I do have less asterina but it may be due to me having less algae in my tank as well. I have a 120 gallon so they were pretty tiny in my tank. I guess I don't have an answer for you but if you want something that you can see doing its job in the tank stick with harlequin.
maybe I'll try them
 
When you say you saw them, do you mean in person or online? The reason I ask is because these shrimp are impossibly small so just wanted you to be aware if you didn’t see them in person. I ordered two from LA once and they came smaller then PE mysis.
 
No clue. My stars seem to be reduced but anytime ive added them I never see them again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new