Bummed!

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
1,314
Reaction score
862
Location
Escondido CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 days ago I came home to find one of my fighting conchs inside my big derasa clam. The clam is about the size of a football and I've had it for 6+ yrs. Somehow this dang conch got inside the clam and the clam was crunchy down on it. The shell was chipped all long the edges and the mantle was very retracted. I managed to get the conch out but my clam is dieing now. His mantle is all the way pulled in and both inhalant and exhalant are gaping badly.

Such a bummer to lose a clam I've had for ages due to a lame conch....
 
Ohhhh...so sorry... i had a frag fall into my squammy once...tore a hole in the mantle and chipped the shell a bit. He did survive though.
 
How is he today? Large clams are resilience. Hoping that your Derasa is doing better today.
 
About 3 days ago I came home to find one of my fighting conchs inside my big derasa clam. The clam is about the size of a football and I've had it for 6+ yrs. Somehow this dang conch got inside the clam and the clam was crunchy down on it. The shell was chipped all long the edges and the mantle was very retracted. I managed to get the conch out but my clam is dieing now. His mantle is all the way pulled in and both inhalant and exhalant are gaping badly.

Such a bummer to lose a clam I've had for ages due to a lame conch....
That just sucks. Sorry to hear especially after 6 successful years
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new