Bundoon Blenny diet? doesn't seem to be eating

Sleeman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
3
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

For any Bundoon Blenny owners I was hoping for some advice. Since I got this Blenny 4 days ago I haven't seen him eat, I've tried flakes, garlic infused pellets, veggie pellets, dried seaweed on a clip, and enriched Mysis/Brine. I'm starting to get a little worried, but at day 4 he doesn't seem to be down and out from starving at all, do they peck around at night maybe? All I have for algae growth is the slight turf/film looking stuff you can see on the rock behind the blenny.

blenny.jpg
 
Blennys are definitely grazers and he could be munching on things around the tank for now but they can also be quite finnicky things. Is your mysis/frozen fairly fresh? Sometimes a brand new package soaked in garlic additives can help draw out picky eaters. There are also recipes on this site you can look up to make fresh food from things you can buy at the seafood counter of your local grocery store.
 
Blennys are definitely grazers and he could be munching on things around the tank for now but they can also be quite finnicky things. Is your mysis/frozen fairly fresh? Sometimes a brand new package soaked in garlic additives can help draw out picky eaters. There are also recipes on this site you can look up to make fresh food from things you can buy at the seafood counter of your local grocery store.
Fairly yes, recently bought but cant say I can go look at the date at the moment. He's been in the tank 9 days now and seems totally fine as the first day, always swimming around looking at the rock and frags, yet I haven't seen him eat once. Guess ill get creative and try something you mentioned, I mean if he just WASNT eating youd probably have a dead fish after 9 days id imagine?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new