Bundoon Blenny diet? doesn't seem to be eating

Sleeman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

For any Bundoon Blenny owners I was hoping for some advice. Since I got this Blenny 4 days ago I haven't seen him eat, I've tried flakes, garlic infused pellets, veggie pellets, dried seaweed on a clip, and enriched Mysis/Brine. I'm starting to get a little worried, but at day 4 he doesn't seem to be down and out from starving at all, do they peck around at night maybe? All I have for algae growth is the slight turf/film looking stuff you can see on the rock behind the blenny.

blenny.jpg

Jimbo7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennys are definitely grazers and he could be munching on things around the tank for now but they can also be quite finnicky things. Is your mysis/frozen fairly fresh? Sometimes a brand new package soaked in garlic additives can help draw out picky eaters. There are also recipes on this site you can look up to make fresh food from things you can buy at the seafood counter of your local grocery store.

OP
OP
S

Sleeman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennys are definitely grazers and he could be munching on things around the tank for now but they can also be quite finnicky things. Is your mysis/frozen fairly fresh? Sometimes a brand new package soaked in garlic additives can help draw out picky eaters. There are also recipes on this site you can look up to make fresh food from things you can buy at the seafood counter of your local grocery store.
Fairly yes, recently bought but cant say I can go look at the date at the moment. He's been in the tank 9 days now and seems totally fine as the first day, always swimming around looking at the rock and frags, yet I haven't seen him eat once. Guess ill get creative and try something you mentioned, I mean if he just WASNT eating youd probably have a dead fish after 9 days id imagine?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back