Burn tips, stable alk and nutrients help

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures is going to be the best way for anyone to help you unless we are just throwing shots in the dark. Normally it’s something simple so don’t overthink it. What kind of kits are you using? Po4 is always something you want to check. Low nitrate with high po4 isn’t in balance and that could be compounding a simple issue.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I had what I thought to be burnt tips I went down the lighting/nutrient rabbit trail and the whole time is was a Trace Element overdose. When it kept going down I realized what was going on.

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as I have this same issue. I realized a few days ago that this all started around the time I got a new Titanium Finnex heater... I've since swapped it back to my old heater and I already see better polyp extension than before in the span of two days. Stray voltage? Heater causing some sort of issue? I don't know, but removing it seems to be improving the tank.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as I have this same issue. I realized a few days ago that this all started around the time I got a new Titanium Finnex heater... I've since swapped it back to my old heater and I already see better polyp extension than before in the span of two days. Stray voltage? Heater causing some sort of issue? I don't know, but removing it seems to be improving the tank.

Nice....that’s great news. You just never know what it could be. The importance of only changing 1 thing at a time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back