Keep it or change it

• Total voters

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided we need more space for corals and open swimming in my tank so i am going to re-do the rockwork NSA style. Critique/ thoughts/ opinions/ or other is very welcome!
This is what is getting replaced:
20230119_190257.jpg

This is what i have so far and i am stuck between liking it and not sure. Please let me know what you think!
20230201_225236.jpg

20230201_225312.jpg

The little island on the right will be covered in nems, kinda like in the old one as i kinda like the look. Was thinking a monty cap on the open right side vertical bit.
20230201_230152.jpg

Or maybe flipped...

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided we need more space for corals and open swimming in my tank so i am going to re-do the rockwork NSA style
Critique/ thoughts/ opinions/ or other is very welcome!
Are your fish happy? Are your corals thriving? If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a huge fan of the upgraded aquascape although I don't hate the original! :)

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you are really doing here, removing pest mushrooms.

Both scapes look good.

I voted full send....those mushrooms away! Yes it is really bad, lol.

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I like the top one the most.
Remember, this is your tank and none of us are paying your electric bill or doing your water changes so if you're happy with it, go with that!
Thank you, and definitely. At the end of the day I get to watch it all day. But, I have been staring at it for sooo long just making sure i am not getting into my own head too much! lol :)

I'm a huge fan of the upgraded aquascape although I don't hate the original! :)
Thanks Rev!

I see what you are really doing here, removing pest mushrooms.

Both scapes look good.
You know it! And thank you! My wife loved those green discos, but dang if they aren't a little extra prolific. If anyone wants them, I would be willing to ship them a covered rock :O)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted “Re-evaluate” simply because that choice has never been an option in past polls.

I’m not a huge fan of these types of rock formations as “natural looking” but they are excellent for reef tank keeping and I don’t feel qualified to weigh in on the functional aspect or aesthetics because I am not even distantly related to Frank Lloyd Wright in regards to these issues.

Clearly you do get an A+ for effort and style based upon the rock working and polling options.
Thanks for asking for all opinions

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know it! And thank you! My wife loved those green discos, but dang if they aren't a little extra prolific. If anyone wants them, I would be willing to ship them a covered rock :O)
How much for shipping to central Illinois? I'm interested in a covered rock and will send you a private message!

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted “Re-evaluate” simply because that choice has never been an option in past polls.

I’m not a huge fan of these types of rock formations as “natural looking” but they are excellent for reef tank keeping and I don’t feel qualified to weigh in on the functional aspect or aesthetics because I am not even distantly related to Frank Lloyd Wright in regards to these issues.

Clearly you do get an A+ for effort and style based upon the rock working and polling options.
I'm definitely team "stable pile of rocks that looks like an actual oceanic rock formation" but this also looks v cool

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm definitely team "stable pile of rocks that looks like an actual oceanic rock formation" but this also looks v cool
I should have grabbed a picture, but i had all the other chunks of rock laid out in a heap in front of the constructed structures, it looked really cool. I wish i had a little more depth to play with, like 30 inches vs the 18 i have now in the tank. Kind of a mix between the "NSA" look and the "El Natural" look, still lots of swimming lanes but also more of a natural "these just kinda happened" look instead of the Frank Lloyd Wright cantilevered everything look.

Thank you guys for weighing in

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 18.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 76.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 3.8%
Back