OP
OP
orthokardia

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a propane one off amazon. The propane does not gum up your carb when you forget to run it and it is a touch quiter.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just used my generator all night to run my system due to power outage. Glad I had it!

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are the best generators to get? Which ones should be avoided what is the best bang for the buck? I have been thinking about this myself and i am planning on getting one once I get back to town. What should I look for?

Honda is #1 in my book! Pricey but dependable and quiet. Had a 5000 w one with electric start that got a lot of use in my house in FL, but foolishly sold it with the house Funny thing, the buyers were adamant that they wouldn't buy the house w/o the generator.I told them the generator was $425000 and I'd throw in the house for nothing or go to HD and get one for $1500 and the house would be $450000. Unfortunatly, they took Door #1!!
Now have a generac that I have no complaints with except the noise level. Honda was super quiet. Yet, noisy might not be such a bad thing. when the generac ran out of gas in the middle of the night the "silence" woke me, wouldn't have "heard" that with the Honda.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay for me!!! No power here sice 4pm. Have generator halfway hooked up and we at least have most lights, cieling fans and microwave. Tank is running with actinics and outside pumps only since I don't have my main power setup yes

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back